1. It will inevitably give you heart palpitations as they scoot/run/ sprint/ bike off into the sunset and leave you shouting ‘LOOK DOWN DRIVEWAYS,’ ‘LOOK DOWN DRIVEWAYS,’ ‘LOOK DOWN DRIVEWAYS!!’
2. They will complain every. step. of. the. way.
3. You will end up holding the scooter/ bike/ dirty clothing/ and the child in some bizarre uncomfortable configuration.
4. They will need to go to the toilet.
5. They will shout at you about how cruel you are for taking them walking.
6. You will have a near heart attack with the weight of all the gear you are carrying and the guilt of being a bad person for taking the children walking when you should have just let them watch another movie.
7. You will get tired beyond belief at the half way point and struggle to comprehend how you might return home.
8. You forgot to bring your cell phone because you were trying to be all free and lovely and you will KICK yourself.
9. Your children will glare at you with unfettered hatred in their eyes.
10. What has been walked, cannot be unwalked.
11. Blisters. See? Walking is such an unwise activity, there is no end to this list…
You have been warned.